Sue’s career started in Engineering with British Aerospace (now BAe Systems) where it soon became apparent that she had a passion and the skills for dealing with the “people challenges” within the business. She took a focused career move into Personnel, developing then over 17 years of Human Resources experience through a variety of roles from Management Development, Employee Relations, International HR to several Generalist HR Management roles, supporting a workforce of 10,000 employees over 5 major sites.
She made a lifestyle change in 2006, leaving BAe Systems, and now operates as an HR consultant.
Sue’s expertise lies within Absence Management, Respect at Work/Diversity, Discipline/Grievance and Redundancy Management. She is also an experienced Trainer/Facilitator in these areas in addition to general management development topics.
Fellow of the CIPD.
Key personal strengths:
- Extensive communication skills including formal presentations, training delivery, coaching and facilitation
- Flexible, adaptable and responsive to the needs of clients
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Employment Law
- Fully qualified in the use of a number of recruitment/assessment tools e.g. Hay and Watson Wyatt job evaluation, Saville and Holdsworth, Myers Briggs Psychometric and Occupational testing tools.
- Very personable character who associates well with client’s employees at every level